- Don't eat food that has an artificially low fat content. Eat the full fat version in moderation instead.
- Don't eat anything that contains artificial sweeteners.
- Bake your own cakes rather than buying them. They will taste better, and the effort of baking will limit consumption.
- Never bother with biscuits (cookies to the US reader). They are not as nice as recipe books would lead you to believe.
- Don't buy ready-prepared meals. Have a boiled egg and toast instead.
- Puréed young spinach leaves added to choux pastry will make interesting green canapés.
- Rosewater fudge is delicious and will gain you points amid owners of mismatched vintage china.
- Never order from a restaurant menu that does not mention goat's cheese. You don't have to actually order the goat's cheese, but its presence is reassuring.
Have I covered everything there or do you have anything important to add?