Friday, November 12, 2010

the indisposable romance of Eilis Boyle

A classic is classic, says Edith Wharton, because of a certain eternal and irrepressible freshness. How true that is of these Eilis Boyle dresses.


I'd wear the white if I were feeling like an ethereal creature of the stony plains, as one does, or the black if Edith and I were popping exquisitely over to tea at Henry James' place. Either, like all of Eilis' beautiful designs, would make me feel as though I'd risen to any occasion.



For Eilis' clear and timeless romantic vision, her careful talent and imagination, and for her kindness, I'm honoured to take part in the international online launch of her 10th collection fashion film.

10th collection from Eilis Boyle on Vimeo.

15 comments:

  1. So lovely!! And I enjoyed how you combined fashion with literature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could tell it was you by the hair. Beautiful dresses. Perfect for a romp in the meadow with a pair of wellies. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of these frocks is exactly what I need for my Paris premiere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smitten with the ruffled pale one in the video. Lovely, Mise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous- when I become young and tall and beautiful I'm going to dress just like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am currently teaching 'The Age of Innocence' to a class of 17 year old girls. They would love these pictures of dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gĂșnas, I would happily wear any of them.
    In case anyone's wondering, the piece of music is "Radio" by Katie Kim, she's from Waterford.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much!!!! what a lovely lovely post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just stunning isnt it, what a creative, clever woman eilis is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talented lady Ms Eilis Boyle is! As you are too Ms Pretty Far West. Lovely post.Sinead

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to run around in a forest in one of these dresses. Such pretty ensembles. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

You're looking particularly well.

Following Options:

      Follow on Bloglovin       follow us in feedly
Related Posts with Thumbnails