Wednesday, September 2, 2009

theme mania: deckchairs


I'm sure you're all way ahead of me and have been idling around this summer in these charmingly retro Penguin Deckchairs.  If I had time to lounge, I'd be down the lane at the beach too, loitering gracefully on 'The Big Sleep' with a cool Campari & Soda by my side.   


But I don't, so I have Philip Dunn's deckchairs on the walls instead, soon to be joined by Annie's lovely image from her Brighton visit.  

Ever obsessive, I checked etsy for deckchair products and found very few. There appears to be a gap in the market for deckchair hairgrips, t-shirts and umbrellas, make your own deckchair kits, and a stained glass deckchair window for staring out to sea through (hello jaboopee).  Some of us, you see, can't resist anything that's striped.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to Phillip Dunn!
    Ahh, deck chairs. They are in short supply. I remember seeing many in a park near Buckingham Palace. Green and white stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Penguin deckchairs...

    I think you should check out Deckchair Stripes - http://www.deckchairstripes.com/ - heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serena, that's a tremendous website, thank you! I have my striped credit card ready for action already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I esp love the Penguin ones.

    Oh, for the chance to lounge in the garden in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, Lorna, it's been a summer very short of lounging-calibre sunshine. Mind you, that must surely boost the interior design business, as people will have spent more time indoors glumly eyeing their walls and planning new wallpaper?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first I've seen those Penguin chairs, and I love them! I also love all things striped...no wonder trips to the beach are so fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a stained glass deckchair window sounds lovely...i'm on it ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta say I love the Penguin book deckchairs too. Wider range and lower prices would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Campari & Soda...me too! Delicious. LLGxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the classic stripes, but wow, those Penguin Deckchairs are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LLG, your blog description is intriguing...

    ReplyDelete

You're looking particularly well.

Following Options:

      Follow on Bloglovin       follow us in feedly
Related Posts with Thumbnails