Tuesday, September 15, 2009

distracted by the sea

America, I hear you remarking that you have had enough of the heat, but here it is this season's novelty for us to have a diamond sea.


So rather than browsing for images of bathroom tiles, we're making sandcastles.


And rather than looking for quotes for bathroom installation, we're gathering seaweed to make inedible soup.


And rather than debating the merits of Edwardian versus Japanese sanitary ware, we're rescuing hats that are swept out to sea.

But consider yourself lucky. I had considered posting a photo of the current main bathroom (clearly untouched since the house was modernised in the seventies) for your ever-helpful and imaginative suggestions, but it would really be very unkind to inflict it upon you. I doubt you've ever seen a bathtub in our particular shade of creamy puce before.

13 comments:

  1. That top picture is just pure happiness. I have been fawning over the pics from your garden as well, especially shadow girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the top photo is great- so sparkly! I'd frame that one
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ! the atlantic ocean ,wish i was back there now. a diamond sea indeed, really lovely photos,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beach days are always more fun than bathroom renovation. These are really lovely photos. Your kids are so cute, and look like they're having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a perfect day. love the hair on your daughter - it looks fabulously wild!! Keep the picture of the bathroom before shot - would love to see the changes you make. By the way, my previous en-suite had nipple pink tup, toilet shower and vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pics... yup who cares about bathroom stuff when the sun and the sea are shining?! There's enough winter days on the way for those things! :)

    So wish I was at the beach now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting on my blog about the quilts!!

    I feel your pain about bathroom tile - ours is also in the midst of a major demo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I lived near a beach like that, that's where I'd be too! (I'm looking forward to seeing this puce though.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a perfect day. Living in Vancouver, we are on the water as well. Love it. It's hot and sunny where I am too at the moment. So beautiful....but I still have to work. Sigh. Enjoy your twinkly sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, I'm so glad to hear of equal bathroom hideousness! And yes, it's some effort to get from beach hair to school hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moments like these take precedence over the bathroom any day of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to come! The beach looks so much better than the cool rainy days we have had here. And you have peeked my curiosity about your bathroom. Do post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, lovely photos, so nice seeing kids playing at the beach. Bathrooms can wait - we've been renovating a big 70s house for a year now and don't seem to be making much headway. Enjoy the sun!

    ReplyDelete

You're looking particularly well.

Following Options:

      Follow on Bloglovin       follow us in feedly
Related Posts with Thumbnails