Monday, August 24, 2009

what else should the walls wear?

The dressing room currently has a wall of handbags and hats on hooks as clutter chic, but I reckon I can do better than that. Friday's post featured dress art; well how about going a step further and hanging some dress-pattern art? No, not just patterns, but meta-art: paintings of patterns.

I'm rather taken with these paintings I came across by Michael Fitts, in oil on scrap tin.



You can see more of his paintings on his blog or at the Fraser Gallery.

And I know you're ever so busy and important, but you must (MUST) have a look at the clever and amusing pattern story series by 'A Dress a Day'. Try the secret service mannequins.

9 comments:

  1. The agents are AWESOME, and I'm really enjoying your dress on the wall posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'dress pictures on walls' idea - the pictures are so chic and elegant, but not too stuck-up if you know what I mean.

    I like the 'dresses on the wall' idea too, by the way - but I don't have any children, so people might start asking questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working the "clutter chic" too. I've heard it's the hot thing right now, but if it's wrong, well then I don't want to be right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I'm off to visit his site now!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm off with Crystal to check out the site......They are really elegant....by the way many thanks for dropping by...it's so lovely to hear from someone from Ireland.
    Not many of us English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh people blog....will be back to see you, often

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these bring back memories! My mother used to sew all my costumes when I was a child and these patterns remind me of her sewing room. I'm working on a clutter chic look in my dressing room too. I'm actually considering encroaching into the guest room but I don't think our guests would appreciate that(!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love those old patterns, i wish i'd kept mine from home economics class....lucyslounge in fownes st had a lot of these vintage patterns.....

    pulp did a brillant album cover using those patterns ...
    it was called misshapes.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're great - so retro and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one busily practising clutter chic!

    ReplyDelete

You're looking particularly well.

Following Options:

      Follow on Bloglovin       follow us in feedly
Related Posts with Thumbnails