Friday, June 26, 2009

wonderful Woollight shades

I came across Woollight shades via the 3rings blog as I searched for a lovely lamp or lampshade, a surprisingly difficult task

The shapes and textures of these knitted shades, designed by Ellen Seegers and Arno Tummers of Dutch studio Beelden Bouwers, are wonderful, and I love the simplicity of their designs. Warm colours and stripes, with some use of white or ivory for freshness: several of my soft furnishings criteria are fulfilled all at once.  And they look so snug: just the thing to settle down beside to read old-fashioned mysteries on a rainy day.

It makes me inclined to dust off my knitting needles and see what I can create (with scarves to match).

[Photo from Beelden Bouwers]

2 comments:

  1. And these simple chunky 'Granny' shades:

    http://www.pudelskern.at/portfolio/projects/granny/granny.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these! They have such personality!

    And it is IMPOSSIBLE to find nice lamps and lampshades. 99% of what's out there is seriously crappy! I have so much more luck shopping vintage for lighting---definitely a case of 'they don't make 'em like they used to'!

    ReplyDelete

You're looking particularly well.

Following Options:

      Follow on Bloglovin       follow us in feedly
Related Posts with Thumbnails