Tuesday, June 30, 2009

the interrogation

Coffee or tea? Gin, but I nod to summer with pink port.

What’s for dinner? I'm only cooking for myself tonight, so perhaps a nice slice of Shropshire Blue cheese.

What are you listening to right now? My typing. I think I'm constantly told by my occasional office companion that I type too loudly but I'm not sure - what with all the typing noise it could have been that I skype too proudly.


Which language do you want to learn? I'd move to France for a year if I could speak French with subtlety and nuance, but I can't. That's the trouble with all language learning, isn't it? All that subtlety and nuance going on around you while you and Yves are still gamely searching for the boulangerie.

What is your dream job? Dictator of some small European Country. San Marino would be a good start. I would have myself depicted on their postage stamps.

What book are you currently reading? Payback: Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth, by Margaret Atwood. About "debt as a human construct, and how this construct mirrors and magnifies both voracious human desire and ferocious human fear". Strong adjectives, those.

Describe your personal style? Dictatorially lacy.

What inspires you? In a tight corner, it's always helpful to wonder what Alan Clark would have made of the situation.

Do you collect something? There's too much clutter already. We'd all love some of those Daily Telegraph mahogany effect showcases of RAF thimbles, but economy and space considerations must prevail.

What are you most proud of? I'm particularly proud of the Atlantic ocean. All those fish.

What’s your biggest fashion mistake? Well, they weren't really mistakes, were they? They were an example of fitting enthusiastically in with the styles of an era.

What is your worse decorating disaster? I don't think I've had one. I've painted most things white and put colourful things on them. Very safe, you rightly remark. I'll go for the grand gesture next and then everyone can say "oh how advanced and forthright that lime chaise longue is against the bird of prey wallpaper, my dear", and be secretly glad that it isn't in their house.


This is quite long enough, isn't it? Yes.

5 comments:

  1. I've so enjoyed reading this! You have such a dry sense of humour and I love it.

    OK, so I HOPE that's a dry sense of humour - otherwise you're being totally serious and I've just really offended you...

    Thank you so much also for tagging me :) Very weirdly, I've actually already been tagged - I think it was just before you found my blog. Here's my 'interrogation', anyway! http://mycrookedhouse.blogspot.com/2009/06/and-now-for-something-completely.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I feel a lot more buoyant after reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious - love it esp the 'tongue in cheek' ones! That was v quick!

    All the best, Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I haven't answered the questions yet but I'll never live up to this. I was chuckling away reading your answers Mise. Tell me, did you become a mathematician after?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did indeed, Paula; my lungs were full of chalkdust and my diary full of conferences for 10 years. But now I'm on my imaginary rest cure in the French Alps.

    ReplyDelete

You're looking particularly well.

Following Options:

      Follow on Bloglovin       follow us in feedly
Related Posts with Thumbnails