Monday, May 18, 2009

thrifty chic


Thrifty Chic (Interior Style on a Shoestring) was a particular delight because the pictures reminded me of houses where I spent childhood holidays before the world of Irish interiors turned generally wood-coloured.

It’s a book that’s more about the photos than the text, and the look achieved is individual, charming, and serene, rather in the French country style. A few good ideas among quite a few are a bench built of plastered blocks and scaffolding planks, and kitchen shelves covered with plasterboard so as to appear like part of the walls.

Some projects are presented at the back of the book, and they made me inclined to get out my sewing-machine and paint brush again, and think twice before I go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're looking particularly well.

Following Options:

      Follow on Bloglovin       follow us in feedly
Related Posts with Thumbnails