Saturday, May 9, 2009

Karen Hollingsworth windowscapes


I've been a fan of Karen Hollingsworth, an Atlanta-based artist, since I was introduced to her work a few years ago by casapinka. One of her windowscape prints hangs on my wall and it has a serenity and a quality of airiness which bears much looking. Her prints are available online at $600-$800 dollars each (I look at her website whenever the euro-dollar exchange rate is favourable...), and she is currently represented by these galleries.

Karen says of her work

I'm trying to recreate the experience found when a room is bathed in strong sunlight, transforming simple human things, chairs, beds, paper bags, into objects of beauty.
(Image from the Paintings by Karen Hollingsworth website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're looking particularly well.

Following Options:

      Follow on Bloglovin       follow us in feedly
Related Posts with Thumbnails